Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Back to work....Aahhhhhh!

I have been back to work for a little over a week now! Yes...I think I must be crazy. Last week was the WORST, because Griffyn still was not sleeping at night and so the only rest I would get was between 7:30AM and 9:00 AM! Then get the boys ready and myself and then Griffyn. I scheduled all my appointments for the afternoon and it is a dang good thing because it seriously took all morning to accomplish the getting ready task! Every time I would get the baby asleep and lay her down in her cradle Fisher would have to go and hug and kiss her and then she would wake up and want to be held. So this was me...shower...hold the baby...get dressed...hold the baby...tell Fisher to leave her alone...start my make-up...hold the baby...remind Fisher to leave her alone...finish make-up...hold the baby...YELL at Fisher for waking her up again...say a prayer that I could get through the morning...! I kept thinking to myself, how am I ever going to do this? When we went to the baby show in Vegas last Sept. we got this wrap called a MOBE. That thing is a life saver...FOR SURE! It is like a 20 foot long piece of fabric that you wrap a special way around you and then it creates a pocket to put the baby in and then you can do a million things while holding the baby, but have your hands free to do everything! I wore it a lot last week and even did hair while wearing it! I was exhausted by 7:00 PM and wasn't sure if I could really go back to work and be a mom of 4. It was overwhelming to say the least...especially because I forgot Gillyin at the high school and was 10 minutes late picking her up and I forgot to send Heston's Valentines with him to take to pre-school. I was really feeling like the WORST mother ever by the end of the week. I have got to come up with some sort of organization! Women had told me, "Oh, after 3 kids you could have 10", this is what I say to that..."THAT IS BIG FAT LIE!" I know that things will get easier once we get a routine down. It actually has gotten a little easier this week. Griffyn has slept better at night, which makes a huge difference. Now if I could hire a maid life would be perfect! (maybe not perfect, but at least my house would be clean)

6 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

I hope things get easier! Those MOBE's are the best. Cute background btw.

The Belnaps said...

I totally feel bad for you and the worst part is that I am coming over today to get my hair done. I am so sorry. Give youself some more time and hopefully things will sort themselves out. Good luck

Unknown said...

I totally feel for ya. Life with a newborn is not easy. I hope it gets better soon. You are amazing to even have four kids!

Fab Five said...

That last comment was from me... sorry I was logged in under my boss' name since I have been working today! I am a dork!

Emily said...

So all I can say is "Amen" to the comment that after three you can have a million kids! Ya right... maybe if you're cloned or something!

Liz said...

I hate people that function like nothing has changed after having a baby! I couldn't function normally for a few months after having Lily, and I only have one! You're super mom though, good luck!